In the spirit of the season, this CMMI Appraiser has so much to be thankful for, and it all starts with YOU! Your focus on using the CMMI to pursue organizational greatness has helped transform the industry and raise the standard of excellence for everyone. Thank you!
This year and every year, I am especially grateful for all of those engineering and software professionals who have taken on the challenge of using CMMI to improve performance in their organizations. Thank you for:
- Understanding that the CMMI is a journey, not a destination;
- Staying focused on continually learning to make your company better;
- Setting the right goals and objectives in your organization;
- Asking the right questions;
- Using the CMMI to put your company on the path to greatness.
It's all about you! Without your effort to learn as much as you can about being a great company, those of us who are passionate about organizational performance improvement and engineering strategies wouldn’t have the chance to help organizations like yours use the CMMI to get even better at what you are ALREADY doing.
That’s why we’ve made it our holiday tradition to share our best ideas with you. We want you to continue learning to be a great company, using the CMMI as your guide.
So here you go! Just for you, please accept this veritable cornucopia of links. Click to open up an abundance of content that we hope you’ll find useful and valuable for the long holiday weekend, and beyond:
- Our popular article, "CMMI vs. Scrum? NO! CMMI + Scrum!" Originally published in the prestigious Cutter IT Journal, the article is designed to help you learn to maximize your investment in agile and the CMMI.
- Our entertaining CMMI-TV channel on YouTube. CMMI-TV is a place where we can add value to the engineering and software development community by offering advice on engineering strategy, performance innovation and software process improvement.
- Our informative CMMI and agile eBooks. The fastest way to get up to speed on the basics of CMMI, agile, and software process improvement, our easily digestible eBooks are available from $0 to 99 cents on Amazon.
Whether you are traveling or staying local this holiday season, we hope you enjoy abundant health, happiness -- and useful insights on being the kind of organization you’ve always wanted to be.
From our family to yours,
Like this blog? Forward to your nearest engineering or software exec!
Jeff Dalton is a Certified SCAMPI Lead Appraiser, Certified CMMI Instructor, ScrumMaster, author, and consultant with years of real-world experience with the CMMI in all types of organizations. Jeff pioneered agileCMMI, the leading methodology for incremental and iterative process improvement. He has taught thousands of students in CMMI trainings and has received an aggregate satisfaction score of 4.97 out of 5 from his students.