You've revealed a lot in just a few words. You are fast-growing, but haven’t protected your investment in your people. You are a Level 3 company, but haven’t protected your investment in your Performance Improvement Model, the CMMI, which encourages us to train our people, thereby protecting our investment in them. At this point, I'd say it doesn’t matter what your competitors are doing. You need to focus on being a great company.
The good news is, that's what the CMMI is all about. It's about making software and engineering performance better. It’s about improving and changing the way your company behaves, so that you can improve performance, build stronger products and have happier customers. CMMI training is one of the ways your team learns new behaviors. It helps you put your company on the path to greatness.
For other benefits of CMMI Training, check out my video, or read the text below:
Benefits of CMMI Training:
• Helps you improve software and engineering performance
• Offers you an approach to remedy consistently late or over-budget projects
• Provides an alternative to working in a "hero culture"
• Guides you to make your work sustainable or scalable
Who Should Take CMMI Training:
• You intend to participate in a SCAMPI Appraisal team
• You wish to become a CMMI Lead Appraiser
Why Our CMMI Training Classes Are Different:
• Learn new sizing techniques by playing Planning Poker
• Practice using Fibonacci sequencing for your estimates
• Form Scrum Teams and apply agile methods, from project planning to retrospectives
• Earn 21 PDU’s (professional development units) while learning about performance improvement
"Introduction to CMMI" in San Diego, CA
June 1st 8:30 AM – June 3rd 2016 5:00 PM (EDT)
"Introduction to CMMI-DEV Training w/optional Scrum Learning Experience" in Detroit, MI
September 20, 2016 at 8:30 AM - Friday, September 23, 2016 at 5:00 PM (EDT)
"Introduction to CMMI-DEV Training w/optional SVC Supplement" in Washington, DC
October 4, 2016 at 8:30 AM - Friday, October 7, 2016 at 5:00 PM (EDT)
Register for a class today!
Like this blog? Forward to your nearest engineering or software exec!
Jeff Dalton is a Certified SCAMPI Lead Appraiser, Certified CMMI Instructor, author and consultant with years of real-world experience with the CMMI in all types of organizations. Jeff has taught thousands of students in CMMI trainings and has received an aggregate satisfaction score of 4.97 out of 5 from his students.
Visit www.broadswordsolutions.com for more information about engineering strategy.