This Thanksgiving, as Mrs. CMMI Appraiser and I sit down at the holiday table with our Little Appraisers, friends, and extended family, we have a lot to be thankful for:
- SEPGs that are open to learning how to deploy processes
- Developers who embrace the CMMI as set of guidelines for performance improvement
- CMMI sponsors who accept help in guiding their program
- CEOs who accept help in facilitating strategic decisions
- CMMI consultants who do not over-engineer the solution and create "process debt"
- Lead Appraisers who build consensus amongst executives in the business
- Executives who take appropriate action and are not heavy-handed
- Directors who put a communications strategy together and execute it
- Engineers who pursue CMMI training and embrace useful process
- Management who motivate engineers to reach for great behaviors
- QA groups that help us and don’t try to beat us into submission
‘Til then … have a happy Thanksgiving!
Like this blog? Forward to your nearest engineering or software exec!
Jeff Dalton is a Certified SCAMPI Lead Appraiser, Certified CMMI Instructor, author, and consultant with years of real-world experience with the CMMI in all types of organizations. Jeff has taught thousands of students in CMMI trainings and has received an aggregate satisfaction score of 4.97 out of 5 from his students.
Visit www.broadswordsolutions.com for more information about running a successful CMMI program.