Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Why Attend CMMI Institute’s Global Congress 2015? Reason #3

Dear Readers,

Can you believe it?  CMMI Global Congress 2015 (f/k/a SEPGNA, f/k/a the CMMI Conference) is NEXT WEEK!  If you haven't already decided to attend, this post is for you.  I've been counting down the Top 10 Reasons I am attending our industry’s premier event in Seattle on May 12-13, and today we've arrived at Reason #3.

The #3 Reason I’m Attending Global Congress 2015 is:

To build stronger relationships with your customers.


Building relationships with the customer is important in any industry. But it’s absolutely critical in the context of the CMMI, where we are passionate about organizational process and performance improvement, and helping companies be as great as they can be.

So let me ask you this: Will you take the opportunity to build stronger relationships with your customers by bringing them to CMMI Global Congress 2015?

As part of my commitment to the CMMI, I am bringing six of my customers to the conference this year. Last year I brought five. Here’s why I think it’s a good thing for every one of us to do:

Global Congress 2015 allows you to spend quality time with your customers. So often in our day-to-day work, we are on-site to solve problems. There are subgroups to be evaluated and artifacts to be collected. But in Seattle, you’ll be able to connect with your customers on a personal level. You’ll share meals together, attend sessions together, and perhaps take in a night on the town together.

Global Congress 2015 allows you to guide your customers through the learning process. With you by their side, customers can grasp the real meaning of the CMMI, and the long-term value the model provides. And when questions come up, you’ll be right there to answer with real-live examples from their current projects.

Global Congress 2015 allows you to introduce your customers to both the CMMI Institute and other adopters of the CMMI. For me, this is one of the most rewarding experiences at the event I fondly call “The Greatest Show on Earth.” I love to see new friendships form when I introduce my customers to the smart folks from the CMMI Institute, as well as to the broader community of people with the same problems they’ve been facing.

In my opinion, it’s incumbent upon us – both the CMMI Institute and its Partners – to be people-integrators. That means, part of our job is to integrate the customers with each other, so that they can have a support system of their own.

And you know what? I’ve never met a customer who wasn’t excited about going.

So let’s be generous and share some knowledge. I urge each of you to invite at least one customer to come – and we’ll see you in Seattle!

Register here.

Need more reasons to go? I’ll be back soon with Reason #2.

Jeff Dalton is a Certified SCAMPI Lead Appraiser, Certified CMMI Instructor, ScrumMaster, author, and consultant with years of real-world experience with the CMMI in all types of organizations. Jeff pioneered agileCMMI, the leading methodology for incremental and iterative process improvement. He has taught thousands of students in CMMI trainings and has received an aggregate satisfaction score of 4.97 out of 5 from his students.

Visit www.broadswordsolutions.com for more information about engineering strategy, performance innovation, software process improvement and running a successful CMMI program.

No comments: