Hi, Jeff – I don’t know if you remember me, but it was great to meet you at last year’s SEPG and hear your presentation. This year, we’re sending more management, and I’m hoping to be able to introduce you to my boss. Curious: will you be speaking at the conference again this year?
~ Jayla A.
Thank you for staying in touch, Jayla. I do remember you, and am looking forward to reconnecting. I’d be happy to meet more people from your excellent company! It's going to be a great conference - as usual, the SEI is doing an awesome job at putting the show together.
To answer your question, yes, I’ve been selected to speak at the SEPG North America 2012 Conference on March 12-15, 2012 in Albuquerque, NM. But the big news this year is … it’s not “just about Jeff”anymore! Broadsword was honored by having not one … not two … but THREE senior CMMI consultants selected as speakers!
Our very own Julie Calfin and Laura Adkins will be joining me to deliver four presentations (including two trainings).
Some cool facts about the event:
- The review process was conducted anonymously, and speakers were selected based on expertise, not name or company affiliation.
- Some of the greatest speakers in our industry will be there.
- This is the 7th consecutive year that Broadsword was selected to speak, but only the second time sending multiple speakers (and then only two of us!).
- Broadsword has become known for giving away hats, buttons and other popular prizes during their presentations – as well as timely information that helps companies improve their operational and engineering performance. So c'mon by and get some swag . . . and learn a few new things you can use right away!
And some specifics on our presentations:
- Julie will be speaking about Organizational Change Management: The key differentiator for sustainable process improvement. Julie is a world-class thought leader on OCM. Not to be missed!
- Laura will be speaking about running successful process pilots. Something she knows A LOT about! Laura also helps us out with our CMMI Training classes.
- I will be speaking and delivering our famous"CMMI+Scrum Learning Experience" on the first day of the conference in a half-day format. We've delivered this course to many of our CMMI Consulting clients - and they've all loved it. Come by and see what all the hoopla is about!
- I will also be co-presenting with my good friends (and clients) from ADNET Systems about using the CMMI at NASA. These guys are pretty cool!
I’m glad you got something out of my presentation last year, Jayla. Thanks to enthusiastic participants like you, I’ve been voted a "Top Ten Speaker" at multiple SEPG conferences, and was keynote speaker at the International Conference on CMMI in Lima, Peru in 2010. It’s always fun to be with people like you who get it.
See you in New Mexico!
Jeff Dalton is a Certified SCAMPI Lead Appraiser, Certified CMMI Instructor, Candidate SCAMPI Appraiser Observer, author, and consultant with years of real-world experience with the CMMI in all types of organizations. Jeff has taught thousands of students and has received an aggregate satisfaction score of 4.97 out of 5 from his students.
Learn more about CMMI Consultants at www.broadswordsolutions.com