Mr. Appraiser, here’s a CMMI adoption question from our executive team. If we decide to take on a CMMI adoption, what are some warning signs to help us avoid a disaster? ~ Philip N.
The question of CMMI adotion is a serious one – but that doesn’t mean we can’t have a little fun with the answer! Here are the Top 10 Clues that your CMMI adoption will be a disaster:
Top 10 Clues that your CMMI adoption will be a disaster:
10. You tell your team to go “get a level” by Tuesday
9. You say, “We need to go right to Level Five (or Four, or Three)
8. Two minutes after achieving Level Two, you say, “When is Level Three?”
7. Your CMMI “consultant” says, “The SEI makes you do it.”
6. Your CMMI “consultant” says, “The CMMI makes you do it.”
5. You use the phrase “implementing CMMI”
4. Two dozen consultants descend on your company to “do CMMI” to you
3. No one has any idea why you’re “doing CMMI,” but you’re doing it anyway
2. No one can articulate what the company is trying to achieve
… And the Number One clue that your adoption will be a disaster …
- You’ve bought a tool that promises “CMMI in six months or less”
There you go ladies and gentlemen! Don’t go away. More good stuff will be here when we come back.
Jeff Dalton is a Certified SCAMPI Lead Appraiser, Certified CMMI Instructor, Candidate SCAMPI Appraiser Observer, author, and consultant with years of real-world experience with the CMMI in all types of organizations. Jeff has taught thousands of students and has received an aggregate satisfaction score of 4.97 out of 5 from his students.
Learn more about CMMI Appraisals at www.broadswordsolutions.com